Smiles. S’mores. Spirituality.
Tamarack Family Camp at the Butzel Retreat Center is more than just fun. We offer you the warmth and fellowship found in Jewish camps. Family Camp weekend would not be complete without arts and crafts, delicious Shabbat foods, Shabbat celebrations and lots of singing! Shabbat services are interactive and celebrated camp style with Shabbat skits and special activities. Spend the day relaxing and playing with your family and meet new families from your congregation at the same time.
Family Camp is a chance to spend quality time together in a setting that combines the beauty of nature, the atmosphere of Shabbat at camp. Enjoy meeting new friends and spending time with the clergy.
Our friendly and experienced staff will lead all of our daily activities including landsports, watersports, arts & crafts and nature. Exceptional programming is available for children from the ages of three and above. Nighttime coverage will be provided for all children, so that adults may attend their own evening program.
Here’s what’s included at the Butzel Conference Center:
- Boating, arts & crafts, sports, climbing tower, campfires and more.
- Activities led by our friendly and experienced camp staff!
- Quality time together in a setting that combines the beauty of nature and the atmosphere of Shabbat.
- Meeting new friends and spending time with your children in a relaxed and informal setting.
- All meals and snacks are kosher – Friday dinner through Sunday breakfast.
- Nighttime coverage so that fathers may relax and socialize.
Upcoming Family Camp Programs!
Bubbie-Zaydie Family Camp is a special opportunity for grandparents to create memories with their grandchildren in a wonderful, safe setting, where trained counselors lead all kinds of fun activities. Sorry, NO PARENTS ALLOWED!
Weekend 1: June 12-14
Weekend 2: June 19-21
Weekend 3: June 26-28
Weekend 4: July 3-5
Weekend 5: July 10-12
Weekend 6: July 17-19
Weekend 7: July 24-26
Weekend 8: July 31-Aug 2
Weekend 9: August 7-9
For more information, email Helayne Shaw at Shaw@tamarackcamps.com