Terms & Conditions
2017 Camp Maas, Camp Kennedy & Agree Outpost Camp
I, as the parent or guardian and on behalf of my Camper, understand, acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. A $500 deposit or, if applying for financial aid, a $100 deposit, per Camper, is due upon submission of each application. Applications received after 4/1/17 must be paid in full at the time of submission of each application.
2. ALL CAMP FEES ARE DUE IN FULL BY 4/1/17. Failure to pay in full by 4/1/17 will result in a $100 late fee or result in the loss of any early discounts received or cancellation of your child’s participation in a program.
3. Cancellations made prior to 12/31/16 will receive a full refund. Cancellations made after 12/31/16 will be charged a $250 (or $100 if applying for financial aid) processing fee for each Camper. Any cancellations after 1/31/17 will result in a forfeited deposit. Deposits are not transferable. After 4/1/17, 50% of camp fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. After 6/1/17, all camp fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. All cancellations or changes to programs must be in writing.
4. Changes from two sessions and/or Super Season to one session made prior to 1/31/17 will be charged a $250 (or $100 if applying for financial aid) processing fee for each Camper. Any changes after 1/31/17 will result in a $500 processing fee. Deposits are not transferable. After 4/1/17, 50% of camp fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. After 6/1/17, all camp fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. All changes to programs must be in writing.
5. Failure to complete financial aid forms in a timely manner may result in a cancellation of your child’s registration.
6. FRESH AIR SOCIETY OF DETROIT, a Michigan nonprofit corporation and private/religious organization, having an assumed name of Tamarack Camps (“Tamarack Camps”) will begin accepting applications on 9/1/16. From 9/1/16 to 9/16/16 at 8:59 a.m. EST.
7. Beginning at 9:00 am on 9/16/16, PRIORITY REGISTRATION (for any past Tamarack Camps’ camper) begins for all eligible campers. A camper is eligible if he/she has ever attended a Tamarack Camps Camp Maas or Teen summer program or Teen Mission to Israel.
8. Priority Registration occurs in accordance with the following policy: o Group A: 7 years or more o Group B: 6 years o Group C: 5 years o Group D: 4 years o Group E: 3 years o Group F: 2 years o Group G: 1 year o Group H: new camper/late application
9. In the event that more applications are received than spaces are available for a specific program, by 9:00 a.m. EST on 10/15/16, a random drawing will be held to include all complete applications beginning with Group A. Campers not randomly selected will be notified and provided with other camp options, if available. Otherwise, Campers will be registered on a first-come, first-served basis. Priority Registration ends 9/30/16 at 8:59 a.m. EST.
10. Tamarack Camps will begin registering new Campers on 9/30/16, at 9:00 a.m. EST for programs that are not filled during Priority Registration. Campers will be registered on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event that more applications are received than spaces are available for a specific program that are not filled by eligible Campers, a random drawing will be held to include all complete applications. Campers not randomly selected will be notified and provided with other camp options, if available.
11. To ensure appropriate housing and the overall balance of the group, Tamarack Camps reserves the right to consider gender as criteria within this policy. Waitlist will follow the same procedures. As a matter of policy, Tamarack Camps does not provide or share a camper’s placement on a waitlist.
12. Applications and deposits do not guarantee a Camper is registered for the program applied for. If we are unable to register a Camper, a full refund will be provided.
13. Tamarack Camps will not participate or mediate family disputes that involve the submission of this application, registration, financial obligation, or the like. If a parent/guardian cannot arrive at a mutual decision, then Tamarack Camps may cancel the camper(s) registration.
14. Tamarack Camps reserves the right to cancel a program due to insufficient registration or as otherwise determined in its sole and absolute discretion. A full refund will be provided in the event of a program cancellation.
15. There are no reductions from the camp fee for a Camper arriving late or leaving early.
16. If a camper leaves camp early for non-medical or personal reasons, he/she is not permitted to return unless agreed to in writing by the Director, or his designee, prior to the start of camp on 6/27/17.
17. A Tamarack Camps Medical Form (signed by a physician and parent or guardian) must be received by 5/1/17. I am responsible for notifying Tamarack Camps of all physical, medical and/or emotional needs of my Camper which may impact his/her ability to participate.
18. Tamarack Camps has the sole and absolute discretion, without providing advance notice, to (a.) reject or dismiss a Camper, without refund, for any or no reason including, but not limited to, unsatisfactory conduct or any situation which impairs a Camper’s ability to participate or may expose other Campers to risk, (b.) alter/change a program or bunking arrangements, and (c.) search the personal belongings of a Camper. The undersigned shall be responsible for any and all costs incurred to send a Camper home including, without limitation, travel expenses. If a camper is dismissed by the Director, or his designee, he/she is not permitted to return during the current summer.
19. For a variety of reasons including camper safety, food allergies and kashrut issues, Tamarack Camps reserves the right to inspect and confiscate unacceptable items brought to camp or delivered to a camper.
20. The camping experience involves activities that come with certain risks and uncertainties including, but not limited to, horseback riding, ropes course, rafting, biking, climbing, balancing, exercising, running, lifting, bending, zipline, swimming, diving, land sports, boating, bus trips, weather conditions, plants, insects, team activities, and rugged terrain. I assume these risks and agree to allow my Camper to participate in all Tamarack Camps activities, including all activities and trips not on camp property. I hereby agree to release, indemnify, defend (including the payment of actual attorneys’ fees and costs of a judgment/settlement) and hold harmless Tamarack Camps, officers, directors, agents and employees, from any and all liability for damage, injury, death or illness to and/or caused by my Camper or his/her property that directly or indirectly relate to Tamarack Camps, whether on or off camp property.
21. My Camper is permitted and able to travel internationally if the specific Tamarack Camps program requires it.
22. The undersigned’s exclusive method for resolving disputes hereunder shall be by arbitration in accordance with the Rules of American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) before 1 arbitrator designated by the AAA. The determination of the arbitrator shall be binding and final upon all parties. The award of the arbitrator may be filed with the Clerk of the Circuit Court for Oakland County, Michigan and judgment may be rendered by the court upon the arbitration award and execution may be issued upon the judgment. The exclusive venue and jurisdiction for any arbitration shall be in Oakland County, Michigan. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the liability of Tamarack Camps shall be limited to the program fee. All claims by the undersigned will be extinguished if not brought within 180 days following the incident giving rise to such dispute. The prevailing party in any dispute between the parties will be entitled to its costs and expenses including attorney fees, arbitration costs and all other costs associated with such action. Any claim by the undersigned, including but not limited to any claim for damages, amounts due, or for any other cause shall be brought in the undersigned’s individual capacity as specified herein, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding.
23. In the event of an emergency, Tamarack Camps and/or medical staff have authority to act on my behalf according to its best judgment. I understand that I am responsible for all costs relating to medical treatment of my Camper. I understand that my child(ren) must have health insurance in order to attend a Tamarack Camps summer program.
24. My Camper’s name, address, phone number, photograph, drawings, crafts, statements, video content, voice recordings, and/or image may be used by Tamarack Camps and partner agencies of the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit, including camper directories emailed at the end of the summer. A camper’s contact information is automatically included in the directory unless otherwise requested, in writing, by camper’s parent/guardian.
25. My Camper agrees to the following “RULES OF BEHAVIOR” while at Tamarack Camps: No drugs, alcohol or smoking; no food may be brought into Tamarack Camps; no cell phones, knives or weapons; no bullying, swearing or stealing; no destruction of camp, staff or other Camper’s property; no inappropriate or sexual behavior; no inappropriate clothing; and no negative influence toward others and/or within the camp environment.