COVID-19 ProtocolsSummer 2022
The below represents COVID-19 protocols for this upcoming summer. Please recognize that we continue to manage the best standards of care, and, if necessary, this information is subject to change.
Within 48 hours of arrival into camp for the start of summer programs, PCR tests for all participants (campers and staff) are required.
For all campers, once again, we will be working with Integrated Laboratory. Please complete the jot form at ttps://form.jotform.com/211334266081044.
Testing dates and times for all programs are at Adat Shalom and are as follows:
- Camp Maas, Session 1: June 19 at luggage drop off/lice checks at 11:00 am-1:00 pm
- Camp Maas, Session 2: July 17 at 5:00-7:00 pm (please refer to these times as opposed to those listed in the Family Guide)
- Kennedy 1, Agree, Western 1, Alaska: June 17 at 8:00-9:00 am
- Teen Mission: June 19 at 9:45-10:45 am
- Western 2: June 21 at 8:00-9:00 am
- Western 3: June 24 at 8:00-9:00 am
- Kennedy 2: July 15 at 8:00-9:00 am
If you are an out of state family and have already made other arrangements for luggage drop off, please make an appointment at a lab before flying and email your test results to email@example.com or hand them in at camp arrival. Failure to comply will delay your camper’s admittance into camp.
After testing, we aspire to protect our full community in the best ways possible. We highly encourage all participants to do their best in reducing possible exposure before arrival to camp or their teen program. This includes wearing masks in large community settings.
If your camper tests positive, please inform the Health Director; together with the Camp Director and others that may be necessary, we will make alternate arrangements for arrival to camp. This arrangement will follow an isolation period and full recovery.
Throughout the summer, campers may be required to have a COVID-19 test (PCR or rapid antigen) at the discretion of medical/camp personnel. Possible reasons for testing include, but are not limited to, the following: (a) camper’s close contact of someone diagnosed with COVID-19; and/or (b) the camper exhibits symptoms that are considered concerning.
If a participant tests positive at Camp Maas, immediate pick-up is required (and within 24 hours for out of state families). This allows the best opportunity for isolation and full recovery. Again, afterward, arrangements will be discussed for a return to camp.
A camper that tests positive for COVID-19 on a Travel Trip will be separated from the group immediately (with staff supervision) and may be required to leave camp and be picked up by a parent/guardian within 24 hours
- Camp Maas: Masks are not required.
- Teen Programs (Western, Alaska, Camp Kennedy, Agree Outpost, Teen Mission): Campers will be required to always carry masks in their backpacks – and, if directed by the staff, they must be worn.
- 5-11 year olds: We will not be requiring COVID-19 vaccine boosters for 5-11 year olds. However, if eligible, we highly recommend your camper receives the booster prior to camp.
- 12 years old and above: We are requiring COVID-19 vaccine boosters for campers aged 12 and above to be up-to-date on their covid vaccines. This means initial 2 doses and a booster, if eligible.
As circumstances evolve, the above protocols are subject to change. We will continue to work with experts in the area to provide the best guidance and care. In the meantime, should you have any questions, or require additional information, please feel free to reach us at any time.