Terms & Conditions
2018 Western & Alaska Trips
Western & Alaska 2018
I, as the parent or guardian and on behalf of my Camper, understand, acknowledge and agree as follows:
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED FOR ANY REASON (INCLUDING CANCELLATIONS FOR MEDICAL OR WEATHER-RELATED CONDITIONS) after 12/15/17. TRIP INSURANCE IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
- A $500 deposit per Camper is due upon registration. Deposits become non-refundable and non-transferable on 12/15/17. Applications received after 1/5/18 must include a $2,500 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit, or a $1,500 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit, if applying for financial assistance. Applications received after 4/1/18 must be paid in full at the time of registration.
- An additional $2,000 non-refundable, non-transferable payment, or an additional $1,000 non-refundable, non-transferable payment, if applying for financial assistance, is due 1/5/18. Failure to remit payment by 1/5/18 may result in the cancellation of your Camper’s registration. A $100 late fee will be assessed if payment is received after 1/5/18.
- FRESH AIR SOCIETY OF DETROIT, a Michigan nonprofit corporation and private/religious organization, having an assumed name of Tamarack Camps (“Tamarack Camps”) will begin accepting applications on 9/7/17 at 9:00 a.m. to 9/20/17 at 3:00 p.m. EST.
- Beginning at 9 a.m. on 9/7/17, PRIORITY REGISTRATION (for any past Tamarack Camps’ camper) begins for all eligible campers. A camper is eligible if he/she has ever attended a Tamarack Camps Camp Maas or Teen Program or Teen Mission to Israel.
- Priority Registration occurs in accordance with the following policy:
- Group A: 7 year or more
- Group B: 6 years
- Group C: 5 years
- Group D: 4 years
- Group E: 3 years
- Group F: 2 years
- Group G: 1 year
- Group H: new camper/late application
- In the event that more applications are received than spaces are available for a specific program, a random drawing will be held to include all complete applications. Campers not randomly selected will be notified and provided with other camp options, if available, beginning with Group A. Otherwise, Campers will be registered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tamarack Camps will begin registering non-eligible and new Campers after 9/20/17 for programs that are not filled during Priority Registration. In the event that more applications are received than spaces are available for a specific program that are not filled by eligible campers, by 9:00 a.m. on 10/1/17, a random drawing will be held to include all complete applications. Campers not randomly selected will be notified and provided with other camp options, if available. Beginning 10/1/17, Campers will be registered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- To ensure appropriate housing and the overall balance of the group, Tamarack Camps reserves the right to consider gender as criteria within this policy. Waitlist will follow the same procedures. As a matter of policy, Tamarack Camps does not provide or share a camper’s placement on a waitlist.
- Applications and deposits do not guarantee a Camper is registered for the program applied for. If we are unable to register a Camper, a full refund will be provided.
- Tamarack Camps will not participate or mediate family disputes that involve the submission of this application, registration, financial obligation, or the like. If a parent/guardian cannot arrive at a mutual decision, then Tamarack Camps may cancel the camper(s) registration.
- The balance of camp fees is due in full by 4/1/18. Failure to pay in full by 4/1/18 will result in a $100 late fee for each camper or result in the cancellation of your Camper’s registration. Non-refundable fees are non-transferable. All cancellations or changes to programs must be in writing.
- Tamarack Camps reserves the right to cancel a travel trip due to insufficient registration or as otherwise determined in its sole and absolute discretion. A full refund will be provided in the event of cancellation. Campers will be notified if a trip has been cancelled no later than 1/15/18.
- If a camper leaves the trip early for non-medical or personal reasons, he/she is not permitted to return unless agreed to in writing by the Director, prior to the start of camp.
- A Tamarack Camps Medical Form (signed by a physician and parent or guardian) must be received by 5/1/18. I am responsible for notifying Tamarack Camps of all physical, medical and/or emotional needs of my Camper which may impact his/her ability to participate.
- Tamarack Camps has the sole and absolute discretion, without providing advance notice, to (a.) reject or dismiss a Camper, without refund, for any or no reason including, but not limited to, unsatisfactory conduct or any situation which impairs a Camper’s ability to participate or may expose other Campers to risk, (b.) alter/change a program or bunking arrangements, and (c.) search the personal belongings of a Camper. The undersigned shall be responsible for any and all costs incurred to send a Camper home including, without limitation, travel expenses.
- The camping experience involves activities that come with certain risks and uncertainties including, but not limited to, horseback riding, ropes course, rafting, biking, climbing, balancing, exercising, running, lifting, bending, zipline, swimming, diving, land sports, boating, bus trips, weather conditions, plants, insects, team activities and rugged terrain. I assume these risks and agree to allow my Camper to participate in all Tamarack Camps activities. I hereby agree to release, indemnify, defend (including the payment of actual attorneys’ fees and costs of a judgment/settlement) and hold harmless Tamarack Camps, officers, directors, agents and employees, from any and all liability for damage, injury, death or illness to and/or caused by my Camper or his/her property that directly or indirectly relate to Tamarack Camps. These Agreements of release and indemnify are of no force or effect with respect to an injury or other loss which occurs on Park Service lands or other lands whose rules or regulations prohibit such agreements as a matter of law.
- My Camper is permitted and able to travel internationally if the specific Tamarack Camps program requires it.
- For a variety of reasons including, camper safety, food allergies and kashrut issues, Tamarack Camps reserves the right to inspect and confiscate unacceptable items brought to camp or delivered to a camper.
- The undersigned’s exclusive method for resolving disputes hereunder shall be by arbitration in accordance with the Rules of American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) before 1 arbitrator designated by the AAA. The determination of the arbitrator shall be binding and final upon all parties. The award of the arbitrator may be filed with the Clerk of the Circuit Court for Oakland County, Michigan and judgment may be rendered by the court upon the arbitration award and execution may be issued upon the judgment. The exclusive venue and jurisdiction for any arbitration shall be in Oakland County, Michigan. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the liability of Tamarack Camps shall be limited to the program fee. All claims by the undersigned will be extinguished if not brought within 180 days following the incident giving rise to such dispute. The prevailing party in any dispute between the parties will be entitled to its costs and expenses including attorney fees, arbitration costs and all other costs associated with such action. Any claim by the undersigned, including but not limited to any claim for damages, amounts due, or for any other cause shall be brought in the undersigned’s individual capacity as specified herein, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding.
- In the event of an emergency, Tamarack Camps and/or medical staff have authority to act on my behalf according to its best judgment. I understand that I am responsible for all costs relating to medical treatment of my Camper. I understand that my child(ren) must have health insurance in order to attend a Tamarack Camps summer program.
- My Camper’s name, address, phone number, photograph, drawings, crafts, statements, video content, voice recordings and/or image may be used by Tamarack Camps and partner agencies of the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit, including camper directories emailed at the end of the summer. A camper’s contact information is automatically included unless otherwise requested, in writing, by camper’s parent/guardian.
- My Camper agrees to the following “CODE OF CONDUCT” while at Tamarack Camps: No drugs, alcohol or smoking; no cell phones, knives or weapons; no bullying, swearing or stealing; no destruction of camp, staff or other Camper’s property; no inappropriate or sexual behavior; appropriate clothing must be worn at all times; respect the camp environment and each other; eat healthy, drink enough fluids and take medication, if applicable.